- No apologizing. (This applies to anything, but mostly saying sorry for a story you overshared, or for needing to slow down or walk.) We say, when you need to walk, you walk! We all have our rough runs.
- No missing runs. We have never talked about this, but the thing is- none of us ever bail unless we have a DANG good reason (like being truly sick).
- Move to the right for bikers, pass other runners on the left.
- Plan the run for as late as possible. Although, it still tends to be waaaay to early in the morning for comfort. We are so not morning people!
- Don't be offended about correction. We feel free to tell eachother stuff like, "Hey, you are swinging your arms in front of your body a lot today," or, "Stand up straigher." We like it!
- Whoever asks for the walk break, ends it. If you want to walk for a sec, no one will ask to run again- they're waiting for you to feel ready! (But anyone can say, "Actually, give me 10 more seconds...")
- Someone bring a cell phone. Danna usually fills this role- sorry girl! We lazy!
- If we spot a cool wild animal- we stop and check it out until it disappears. The exception on this are the pelicans. We see them a ton in the spring.
- Cheerfully greet every other runner/biker. It's usually, "Good morning!" but sometimes we get crazy and throw out a, "You go girl!" or a "Good job guys." We like to make extra comments to the regulars. Usually the cute old men. "Haven't seen you for a while! Nice hat!"
- If Larry, Stan, Jeff, or Rod approaches, no walking! Look alive ladies! We can have the super runners catch us taking it easy. In fact, run extra fast and don't reveal any gasping.
- Whining is permitted, and sometimes encouraged.
- If you see a dog owner with is dog off-leash, or with poop being abandoned, and you have the guts- say something. (E.g., "Hey sorry to be annoying, but we really appreciate it when people follow the leash law on the trail. Thanks!") We gained this "rule" when Danna got attacked by a scary boxer once. Well, growled and lunged at but never bitten. Suzy, we're still waiting for your initiation on this one. Hee hee! Just kidding Suz.