Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Running off the stress

Kristin here. I know I keep mentioning this is a stressful time for me, but it's true! I love what running does for me. D and I have remarked that during the times in our lives when we were marathon training or heavily involved in running, it truly made the difficulties of life live-able! Running keeps me sane. It feels so good when I'm pent up about something to just run it off and letting it all melt off onto the road. Ya know?

In one of my next posts, I'm going to be posting in Spanish. My friends from my time in Chile often comment that they peek at my blog for pictures only, but can't read anything so I thought it would be fun to tell them about my blog and my life in Spanish some time. You'll have to let me know if you're still able to understand my post for the most part...ha ha ha. Here's a quick vocab lesson:

  • to run = correr
  • race = correra
  • marathon = maratón
  • Danna = Danna
  • Vicky:thirty = Vicky y media
Anyway, after a very stressful couple of days I am REALLY looking forward to running with Danna tomorrow and just decompressing. It's amazing the difference the runner's high makes. Plus, when I run, I also feel okay about comforting my stressed self with chocolate.

XOXO
~K

5 comments:

Mikelle said...

Ha ha! Danna=Danna. Oh I wish I could run again. Stupid inversion. Stupid cold air. Stupid school and work that leaves me with no time to exercise. I really miss running.

Anonymous said...

I have been much stressed myself. I went to they gym and felt better. Now get out there and get your runners high going.

jeannette said...

That was me, don't know why it listed me as anonymous. l/m

Heather T. said...

Ahh, Jeanette. :)

Padre said...

Kristin and fellow(sister)girl-like runners: Just caught up on the last 4 posts and enjoyed them all.

Bring on the español--I need the practice. BTW, creo que Danna = Dañita en español.